New domain and blog

New domain and blog
Please head over to my new domain to view my blog and current projects

Tuesday 22 April 2014

This blog is moving…

After running Etching Pathways for a few years, I have decided to move it to my own domain. The idea will be the same, where I post about topics that interest me and projects that I have worked on. I have been a bit quiet over the last few months, this is due to me changing jobs and trying to find a new path for my career, where I can accomplish the goals that I have set out for myself.


One of the reasons for the move, is that I am starting to venture out of permanent employment and into contracting, specifically National Instruments LabVIEW Automated Test Development. This is an area of electronics that I enjoy, where I can use tools that I believe in and support and where I think I can make a difference.

I am half way through my first contract doing test development for an RF company, and so far it is going really well. I am enjoying the work, enjoying the industry as well as enjoying the flexibility that contracting offers. 

Another area that has been taking up my time is putting together a presentation for the UK CLD Summit to be hosted at the NI UK and Ireland headquarters during May. It is a project that I have been thinking about for some time and am making some good progress. The current goal is to do angular measurements of a mirror using LabVIEW Vision Development Module. Once I have everything working and my presentation complete, I will do a more in-depth post about it.


I also have a few other ideas to write about which I hope I can put together soon. To get to my new website and blog, please head over to www.labvolution.com.
Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment